RFI

Re: [RFI] Power line RFI and Southern California Edison

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power line RFI and Southern California Edison
From: "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 10:07:44 -0500
A few years ago, maybe 8 or 10 we had a few summers where we had some rather
long power outages due to storms which weren't all that severe, but took lines
down due to tree branches overhanging primary lines.  We lost food in the
freezer etc. I got a little irritated with the power company not cleaning up
their lines so I wrote to the state utility agency, the one which grants
increases to electric bills.  Anyway it wasn't long after that letter that I
was contacted by an engineer from the power company and asked if I could point
out examples and of course I agreed.  He came out and we drove around the area
and I was pointing out the mess.  Soon after that the contract tree trimming
company was cleaning up the lines all around this part of town.

The public utility overseer is a good place to wage a complaint, but you need
to build a case.

73
Dale, K9VUJ