RFI

[RFI] Another Grow Light

To: "Rfi@contesting.com" <Rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Another Grow Light
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:08:06 -0700
I noticed my 40m noise floor had increased slightly, and since it was a nice day, I went out with my loop and noise receiver to see if I could find it. I had it located in about five minutes, when the neighbor across the street, who I know and have installed filters for his ballasts, came out and started talking. I was sure I had the house located properly, so I knocked on the door, explained the situation, and offered them a filter. My friend vouched for me and assured the guy that I was on the level. The grower would not admit to anything so we left. My friend questioned whether or not I had the correct house. When I moved to a new location to show him, the RFI suddenly disappeared. My friend commented that I must have scared them. We will see if the RFI stays off.

Tom   W0IVJ