RFI

Re: [RFI] Low RFI 60w CFL bulb

To: "rfi@contesting.com List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Low RFI 60w CFL bulb
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 11:22:04 -0600
I have two CFL's that are on 24/7 and have not had any problem with them.  I
have had a couple CFL's go bad over time.  The base gets brown and sometimes
the bulb itself gets loose in the fixture, eventually they fail to start.  They
need to be in the open.  Using them in enclosed fixtures will surely shorten
the life.  The two I have in the basement are in wide open fixtures.  The two
in the shack are in Luxo type bench lights and they are vented at the top.  The
other one's are in table lamps in the LR.  They sure do save on electricity in
the long run and are inexpensive to purchase.  LED lights are still a bit rich
for me when I can buy the CFL's so cheaply.  One drawback I found with CFL's is
using them in the garage during cold wx, like zero degrees or lower they don't
come up to full brilliance.

Dale, k9vuj