RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL Board of Directors resolution related to FCC enforcement

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL Board of Directors resolution related to FCC enforcement of radio-interference issues
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:29:54 -0400
Until the FCC's leadership and mission are clarified; do they
serve partisan values, private for-profit interests, or are
they truly public servants who enforce the law equally & are
vastly more transparent - they don't need any more of my tax
dollars.

Meanwhile, the least government involvement in most things
has usually proved best, so every effort to ID & resolve RFI
locally makes sense.

Perhaps more social networking may be effective in "shaming"
corporations (including big importers like Amazon and import
clearinghouses like ebay) into demanding quality products -
free of RFI may work.

Posting company and product names on a well-publicized blog
may get things rolling.

It may be that publicizing RF-pollution of wireless device
frequencies may draw more into the battle as the internet-
of-everything is very popular right now.

Consider how social pressure has caused other changes -
even without boycotts - merely "bad press" can motivate.

IMHO, YMMV ... David KD4E

--

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com