RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL Board of Directors resolution related to FCC enforcement

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL Board of Directors resolution related to FCC enforcement of radio-interference issues
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 11:21:46 -0400
I'm not saying we should not expect government agencies
to do the jobs we pay them to do - but where there's a
history of wrong priorities (and sometimes worse) the
wrong answer is more funding.

We trust agencies to do right, yes?

Well, there's been no evidence in modern history of a
Federal agency making decisions based on something other
than an even-handed fact-based evaluation - free of
external partisan meddling?

Our executive branch is free of selfish crony-capitalist
lobbying?

Really?

A billion dollar corporation is going to stand silent
while the FCC either forces their product to be removed
or re-engineered at great expense?

In the automotive industry the recall process is driven
by fear of litigation and public anger when people are
injured - little threat of either exists in RFI cases.

Years ago in a masters of public administration program
one course was titled "Bureaucracy". The book was huge.
When I was about half way through I said to the prof
"Things can't be that bad - nothing would ever get done."
Then I worked for the government for a couple of years
and discovered that it was much worse.

Juat sayin' ... David KD4E

--

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com