RFI

Re: [RFI] Compass Vectors

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Compass Vectors
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 02:18:15 -0500
Select your area with as much resolution as possible.
Drive to a location, take a bearing. using the Google distance ruler, draw a line through your point. Drive to another point and repeat. Two bearings are often sufficient, but three leave a small diamond for the region of error. Much easier to do than explain, although there is a learning curve.

It gets messy with RFI hunting when there are multiple sources, with overlapping and similar patterns as in multiple networks or an area where there are a mix og cable and outside antenna and the users just wired the preamps and cable together. This sometimes can lead to a much larger region of error.

73 es good luck

Roger  (K8RI)