RFI

[RFI] 40 Meter OTH Radar?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 40 Meter OTH Radar?
From: "Karin Johnson" <karinann@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 21:41:53 -0500
I'm trying to track down several sources of RFI at my location.
I'd like to indulge the multitude, if they have heard what appears
to be a pulsed buzz sounding signal in AM mode on the bottom end of 40
meters.
It doesn't particularly have a long term specific frequency as it shows
up on a different frequency each night here.  But it is somewhat stable
over an hour or so period.  If someone in the southeastern US would listen
after 0000 Zulu and tell me if they hear anything that might resemble this
signal.  It has a pulse rep rate of about 2 per second.  This could be local
me but the signal has some deep fades like propagation might be attached to
it, which why I'm asking for some help.  I do have some DF equipment ordered
and on the way but it is not arriving for a couple of weeks.  In the mean
time
this signal shows up each and every night here.  Tonight (12/13) it is
centered
at 7039 khz and is about 10 kHz wide.  I've heard it as low as 6900 kHz and
as high as 7080 kHz.

Thanks,

Karin K3UU