RFI

Re: [RFI] Finding house noise sources

To: Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Finding house noise sources
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 09:42:25 -0500
Roger,

Thanks. My mother was deaf and my father had put in some in line
devices that when the phone would ring or the doorbell would ring, it
would cause lights attached to a receiver to flash. I've removed all
the receivers and disconnected the transmit module so they are out of
the picture. I'm not sure about any preamps in the house. When we
went cable, I'm sure any preamps were removed. I can't find any and
the old TV was ribbon line (still sticking up in the hole in the
floor in the living room). I'll try and track that down. The ceiling
is a drop down and for some reason, the rectangles in that area are
different than above me in this room & are attached and unable to be
pushed up. Maybe they were glued in when first installed?

My father was very conservative with everything and if there was
anything unused that required electricity, he would have disconnected
it, he disliked electrical vampires. No wall wart was ever left on in
his shop if he wasn't in it. ;)

73,

Gary
KA1J