RFI

Re: [RFI] Galaxy Grow Light Ballast Update

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Galaxy Grow Light Ballast Update
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 10:06:52 -0800
While I understand your intent, I don't agree with your execution. The problem is one of safety. The purpose of the Green wire in electrical systems is to blow a fuse or breaker in the event of a fault. That's a current path between Phase (hot) and Green, a differential path. When all three wires pass through the same choke, the choke has no effect on the differential current that blows the fuse, so the fuse blows quickly and reliably. If, however, there are separate chokes on Phase and Green, as in your circuit, the two chokes DO interfere with that fuse blowing, so it creates an unsafe condition.

73, Jim K9YC