RFI

Re: [RFI] Invisible Fence ICT-801 interference

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Invisible Fence ICT-801 interference
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 17:38:06 -0500
Below is an E-mail I just sent Tony (N2TK), and thought the information
should be shared with the entire group.

Hi Tony,

I talked with the Duane who is in the engineering group at Radio Systems
Corporation, and had a very good conversation with him.  Sounds like he had
gotten the spectrum plot from you that I sent you, and this confused him
because the frequency did not match up with the model you said you were
working with.  He said the Pet Safe brand operates at 10.7 khz as well as 7
khz (switchable).  He said the Pet Safe brand has more of a sinewave output
whereas my Innotek model has a square wave output which produces much more
harmonics.

Nevertheless he said for folks having interference problems they recommend
the installation of a Corcom filter model 10VK6.  Just connect this up
between the output of the transmitter and the underground wire loop that
connects to it.  Sounds like this will function similar to my home brew
filter.  I will buy one myself and see how it compares to my filter.

Based on this information you can probably use any number of RFI/EMI
suppression filters available from Corcom, Delta Electronics, etc.  I have
a couple of Delta Electronics models that I will test out as time permits.

I will also make a posting to your original post with this info.

Don (wd8dsb)

PS.  The Innotek brand which I have transmits at around 8.17 khz.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)