RFI

Re: [RFI] How far does RFI travel?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] How far does RFI travel?
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 20:56:10 -0700
It depends...

I tracked down one source that covered 18 square miles.  I suspect it
covered a much larger area, but after covering that area, I found it and
looked no farther.

Although not RFI, I tracked a ~5W signal source on a 10" antenna in a
building on HF roughly 45 miles across several valleys, two ranges of high
hills and a lake, so even a relatively low powered signal blocked by most
everything between a city and rural area you can image can get out when you
least expect it.

One RFI book I have mentions anything within 30 miles as being a problem,
another, anything within line of sight, which is pretty accurate.

Kurt