RFI

Re: [RFI] Florescent TUBE style, LED replacements

To: "reflector RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Florescent TUBE style, LED replacements
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 17:48:14 -0700
I have also used the www.earthled.com ones (based on K7TJR's recommendation). They sell both types, ballast bypass and ballast compatible. All of the ones I bought are ballast bypass. For the ballast bypass, you just connect 120 VAC line and neutral to the two pins at one end of the fixture, so the rewiring is trivial. You can either remove the ballast or leave in there disconnected. I have seen no rfi from them at my HF contest station. Some of them do make a faint audible hum, which you can hear if there is no other background noise in the area.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

-----Original Message----- From: Lee STRAHAN