RFI

Re: [RFI] Wot the heck!?!?!?!?!?! 40 meters,

To: "'Rob Atkinson'" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wot the heck!?!?!?!?!?! 40 meters,
From: Joe <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:09:29 -0700
Several years ago, I watched Best Buy cart into my next door neighbor's
house,  a 65" Plasma TV.  The house has a constant changeover in tenants, as
it is a remote rental.  I thought  "UH OH!"  I was right.  GAWD awful noise
throughout the day..I think they turned it on for breakfast and left it on
all day, home or not!  This just wouldn't do.

So...I fired up the radio and went up to the Magic Band, and proceeded to
contact as many stations as I could hear and talk to them.  Then during
primetime, I called CQ, over and over and over and..well you get the
picture.  2 days later, Best Buy was back, picking up the 65" Plasma.  Then,
later that day,  I saw RC Wiley deliver another 65", but this time, not a
plasma.  An LG this time...Peace in the neighborhood.

Secret is, the magic band tears up plasma tv's for some reason.  Not so much
standard LED tv's.

No confrontations needed.  Just a little subtle motivation, and tenacity on
my part.

Joe - W7RKN