RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise - where do I start?

To: Patrick Dyer <pjdyer@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise - where do I start?
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:10:30 -0500
Once I found a strange noise in my own house.  It was most noticeable on 75
meters because that was the band I used most often at that time.  It was purely
random sparking sort of noise and strong so I knew it was close.  One day I had
the radio audio turned up to listen to a conversation on 75 and as I walked
though the kitchen I heard the random noise again.  Make a long story short I
found in the basement the hanger wire for a drop ceiling was barely touching a
conduit for electrical wiring and when I walked on the floor upstairs it
created enough vibration to cause the noise from that contact.  Weird things
with finding noise.  I also in the past disconnected completely the old door
bell transformer which was in the basement too.  Those things can be noise
makers.

Dale, k9vuj