RFI

Re: [RFI] led bulbs?

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] led bulbs?
From: Howard Lester <howard220@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 08:00:39 -0400
> On Sep 29, 2016, at 7:46 AM, David Robbins <k1ttt@arrl.net> wrote:
>
> Was there someone who made a list of quiet led bulbs??  I finally used the
> last 100w incandescent I had stockpiled so I guess its time to start
> switching over.

 David, you can still get incandescent bulbs. While you can’t get a bulb
specifically at 100 watts, you can get them at a reduced wattage and, I think
they are just as bright. I am looking at a box I have of four GE ultra soft
white that uses 72 watts, but at 1270 lumens. It also reads, “100w incandescent
modified spectrum replacement.” They go on to say, on the side panel, “These
bulbs use less energy than 100 watt incandescent modified spectrum bulbs while
providing more light output (1270 vs. 1260 lumens).”

You can also get a variety of 3-way incandescent bulbs.

Howard N7SO