RFI

Re: [RFI] Unusual subharmonic RFI

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Unusual subharmonic RFI
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 16:44:41 -0600
This probably doesn’t relate to this, but I found a weird signal encompassing
the 75 meter band and different places, some places were blanking out several
Kc's.  I found it to be from a local broadcast station about 3 miles from my
location, 10KW.  To make a long story short, I found that my ground cable from
the tower to the ground rod was causing rectification, making the tower itself
an antenna picking up the broadcast signal all up and down the 75 meter band.
Once I isolated that copper cable using stainless brackets from the tower legs
the junk was gone.  Sometimes the simple things (duh) just don’t make it.

Dale j.