RFI

Re: [RFI] FIOS vs DSL

To: "'Aaron Kreider'" <aaron@campusactivism.org>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] FIOS vs DSL
From: "Ed K0iL" <eddieedwards@centurylink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 21:00:30 -0600
We have CenturyLink with FTTH (Fiber To The Home).  The market this with
wireless cable inside the home using wireless TV boxes that radiate RFI
noise from AM band on up to 400Mhz.  Tried ferrites on all the cables and
wall wart SPS with no success.

Had them come back and remove their RFI radiating equipment and had Cat5e
cables installed.  No RFI now.  Great internet speeds, great TV channels,
telephone is OK, but the small battery back up for it only lasts a few hours
when power goes out compared to the old telephone system with days of
back-up power at the CO.