RFI

Re: [RFI] USB qrm - what to do?

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] USB qrm - what to do?
From: JW via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:22:50 +0000 (UTC)
Better 'grounding' ... I like.

It means even greater "displacement currents" are induced in equipment when
said equipment is in the high-intensity E-field of the antenna (maybe twenty or
thirty feet from the end of a 160m meter dipole or inverted V.

(Remember, invoking the reciprocity theorem means that currents can be induced
back into the antenna which affects the receiver by locating little noisy
voltage sources in the antenna's E-field pattern as well.)

As a user of moderate-sized tuned QW loops, I find less of a problem with RFI
(rx and tx) even operating 20 feet away (at ground level) from the antenna at
the 1 kW power level.

SO, the point of this discourse is, take a few moments to envision where your
gear is located in relation to the High E fields of the antenna. Again, this is
important on RX in the reverse direction.

73, Jim WB5WPA