RFI

Re: [RFI] Daisy chain vs Common Ground in Shack

To: marsh@ka5m.net, RFI <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Daisy chain vs Common Ground in Shack
From: Sean Waite <waisean@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 22:04:06 +0000
Any idea how far apart is too far for the ground rods to be bonded? I've
got a new (well, old, new to me) antenna going up. It's a cushcraft R7
vertical, and is about 125' straight line from my service ground. I've
considered sinking a ground rod next to it and bonding the antenna to that,
as once I meander through the necessary path I'll probably have over 200'
of wire to make it. Not a big deal, but if I don't have to make that run
I'd rather not. It'll be connected to the main service ground via the coax
braid (lightning pro at house entrance), but I don't know if that's close
enough to have loop concerns.

Sean WA1TE