RFI

Re: [RFI] Question about excess cable length & RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Question about excess cable length & RFI
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 07:01:23 -0500
It's always nice to neaten things up, but EVERY TIME  I have neatened up that mass of cables I have ended up with problems with the station in Breckenridge. http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/boat1.htm ,

Jim's tutorial would have been a great help back then.  Of course the ferite cores weren't available.

Such has not been the case here in Midland.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/boat8.htm

Here's a partial list http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/boatanch.htm ; Regrettably, I have no photos of my earlier stations. I just let the excess hang. Often, I just pull enough out of the original bundle to reach.  I've not had to resort to chokes in any leads, except the common mode chokes in feedlines.

If it aint broke, don't fix it!  "IF NEEDED" those chokes work great.

73, Roger (K8RI)