RFI

Re: [RFI] LG machines can be OK

To: alex@kr1st.com, Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] LG machines can be OK
From: nm8rmedic via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:59:41 -0500
Agreed, with KR1ST.
Our Bosch bears that out.
It's model is: SHX68T56UC.
The RFI it generates can be mitigated.
Scott

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Alex <alex@kr1st.com> Date: 1/27/18
2:11 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Rfi@contesting.com Subject: [RFI] LG machines can be
OK
I think we should be careful to wholesale blame a brand for RFI. I'm
sure that for every brand you can find folks who had RFI problems and
folks who didn't. I put zero value on reports that only indicate to stay
away from one brand or another. I think we can do better than that and
should provide model information, details on the experienced RFI, and
perhaps the method on how it was determined that the RFI was generated
by that particular appliance. Even nicer would be information about RFI
mitigation attempts.

We purchased a LG washer (model WM3270CW) and dryer (model DLE3170W) at
the end of 2016 based on a Consumer Reports recommendation and searching
the net for *substantiated* reports of RFI problems (we found none).
After installation I checked with a FT-817 around the appliances and
found no significant RFI from either.

Oh, they also do an excellent job washing and drying laundry. :-)

73,
--Alex KR1ST