RFI

[RFI] wireless power transfer near or in the 160M band

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] wireless power transfer near or in the 160M band
From: Dennis Monticelli <dennis.monticelli@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 09:48:58 -0800
I appreciate the efforts to look into the regulatory side of things.

Of course operating just outside the band would work just as well for
charging purposes. They requester wants freedom to experiment.

It costs more money to build a TX loop that suppresses the EM field yet
allows the induction field to be as strong as possible and not highly
directional (nulls are bad because you don't know where the RX(s) lie).
Suppressing the EM field is key for us.

I am betting this concept dies for other reasons, reasons that capitalists
understand.  It could be  for regulatory, impractically (e.g. size), cost,
or being anti-green.  When it was proposed years ago the climate was energy
conservation.  Consumer appliances and wall warts were being required to
have a dormant mode and the incentive for Energy Star efficiency ratings.
This HF wireless charging scheme is very inefficient relative to wired
schemes or even relative to very close proximity alternative wireless
charging schemes.  It's just a bad idea in my humble opinion and deserves
to die of natural causes like BPL.

Dennis AE6C