RFI

Re: [RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 19:54:37 -0800
The Ace, and True Value hardware store chains have many, MANY type of rings, terminals, connectors that will work quit well for strap, ranging from various crimp type for wire, to bolt-on, and solder-on for household up to very heavy commercial. Also, check a larger chain, or welding supply store for specialty sizes and shapes for welding cables, from smaller wire welders to large stick welders. Also check the Batteries + chain, and marine supply stores. Do you have any electrical suppliers in your area? Here we have WEDCo and Consolidated Electric, see what a similar supplier may have on hand, or ask to flip through their catalogs. The auto parts stores do have a selection, but honestly, they are flimsy crap that I wouldn't use in any application that matters, and never in a vehicle, they are more of a cheap gimmick at best.

Kurt