RFI

Re: [RFI] Noisy LED shop lights

To: Stephanie WX3K <wx3k@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noisy LED shop lights
From: Dale Johnson <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 06:15:21 -0500
I don’t believe LED shop lights have a ballast.

I am not sure if the noise is in the power line or is being radiated directly.
I took my portable SW radio out there and it picked up the noise very nicely.
Of course the line cord could be the antenna too.

Do you recommend any particular filters?  I should try one and see if it helps
then if it does I would install on the other three.  Sure is nice lighting,
makes my shop really light up.

tnx
Dale, K9VUJ