RFI

Re: [RFI] Hybrid Car RFI

To: rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Hybrid Car RFI
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:53:54 -0600
This is nothing.  Reports I'm reading say that hybrid RFI pales in
comparison to all-electric RFI.  In fact, Tesla and BMW are no longer
including analog AM radio in their electric car receivers.  RFI wipes
out all reception and it's cheaper to just eliminate it.  The thinking
is not enough electric car buyers care about medium wave analog AM to
matter.  I imagine HF ham radio is similarly wiped out but I am not
sure.  Medium wave digital gets through I think.   google electric
cars am radio

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/yp3vmj/why-electric-cars-are-ditching-am-radio

Rob
K5UJ