RFI

Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasin

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasing?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:35:16 -0800
See the parts of the text in k9yc.com/2008Cookbook.pdf  that talk about "egg insulators" and "transfer impedance."

73, Jim

On 1/29/2019 9:23 AM, Andy KU7T wrote:
New question:  Is a current choke on the 50 Ohm run needed?  I am using 230 feet of LMR400MAX from the controller to an antenna switch and then 100 foot of RG213 to the rig. If it is needed, where would I put it?  1) on 50 Ohm coax on the controller, 2) on the 50 Ohm coax as it leaves the foot print of the 4 sq, for example about 60 foot down the line, or 3) before the antenna switch?