RFI

Re: [RFI] "Quiet" 12 volt LED "fixture" (2' or 4')

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] "Quiet" 12 volt LED "fixture" (2' or 4')
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:41:52 -0800
On 1/29/2019 11:10 AM, W7SLS wrote:
Looking for recommendations for RF quiet 12 volt LED fixture, perhaps 2 feet or
4 feet long.

Check out Wired Communication, https://www.wiredco.com/ ; Lots of interesting and useful LED lighting stuff. I'm using their rigid strips to light my shack from my 12VDC buss. Draw is about 1.4A. I'm also using their continuous flexible strips that come on a spool. W6GJB glued those strips to the ceiling of his contesting trailer.

Do NOT use their power supplies, which are almost certain to be noisy. Instead, run them from a big 12V lead-acid battery that is float-charged by a linear "wall wart" or other linear supply.

73, Jim K9YC