RFI

[RFI] Dimmer control

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Dimmer control
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:11:04 -0500
Hello folks,

I just picked up a nice guitar amp, one of
the better made ones (Mesa Boogie) and
running it at night I found I was getting
buzz that mostly all goes away when I
touch the strings. Trying to track it
down, there was no hum with the 1/4:"
instrument plug removed from the amp. I
soon found much of the noise to be coming
from the lights on a dimmer switch.

With the lights out there's still some hum
that goes away when I touch the strings,
but that's for me to the track down next.
For right now, I would appreciate knowing
what wall switch dimmers I might get that
are known to be acceptable?

This particular one is many years old, one
of the ones you push in to turn on/off and
rotate the same knob to change the
lighting intensity. It fits in a single
switch wall socket. Though it's not
getting into my radio that I can tell, it
does need to go.

Any suggestions of a known well made &
friendly dimmer?

Thanks & 73,