RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 199, Issue 19

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 199, Issue 19
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 20:19:30 +0000 (UTC)
Try Mike at https://rfiservices.com/
I met him over dinner once when he was in Tucson doing some training for guys
at our electric co-op.  His courses are quite spendy and he's in MD, but maybe
he can hook you up with someone else.
Wes  N7WS

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 18:25:56 -0700
From: Dana Roode K6NR <dana.roode@gmail.com>

I've got a remote station in the California desert near Victorville, and I
go out to operate locally as well.  I've had the property for about 20
years, and it used to be quiet RF wise.  Wrapped up my 6 band DXCC awhile
back, with lots of good stuff on 160.

Quite a few years ago I had Southern California Edison out several times
and the resolved a few issues.  But new ones have popped up.  I no longer
have a SCE contact, and suspect some of the noises are coming from
neighbors.  There are currently quite a few different noise sources, based
on the direction they are coming from and their nature.  Several are
constant, others come frequently but are not on all the time. The noise
isn't coming from our house, as I've shut off the power and it persists -
all of it.

I have the various books, and see the article and postings from NK7Z and
will have to start back at the beginning.

Does anyone provide any professional services in tracking down noise and
resolving it?  Certainly there are many who have great experience, but I
have not ever heard of services being offered.  Sure would be nice if they
existed.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

  Dana, K6NR