RFI

[RFI] Battery charger recommendations

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Battery charger recommendations
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 21:18:21 -0400
Looking for further suggestions with my
solar power project. I have two 6V Trojan
SPRE 06 415 Deep Cycle Batteries in
series.

https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/datashee
ts/SPRE_06_415_DS.pdf

Understanding better now how true deep
cycle batteries need to be cared for &
fed, I will be having too little charge to
keep them up with the smaller portable
solar panels I have & will need to have
more than a trickle to keep them going
when using them for my 12V supply in the
shack.

(I will in the future get larger panels
for the house, but for now, my two 110
watt panels is what I have for camping &
emergency/radio power needs).

I've been looking at chargers to handle a
400 amp supply and address future battery
issues, & the two "smart chargers" that
seemed good for the long haul to cover all
my various battery needs are the NOCO
Genius G26000 and the CTEK US 25000. Both
are expensive, the NOCO does more, is less
expensive & even handles Lithium
batteries, but I understand NOCO chargers
are bad news for RFI. As this'll be
located in the shack and connected
constantly, I'm concerned. I don't know
about the CTEK & RFI.

Nobody local has the NOCO so I can't
easily get one & return it if it's noisy.
I can always return one from Amazon Prime
but would rather find a substantial deep
cycle charger that is not likely to be a
RFI factory, and not have to return it.

Suggestions?

Thanks & 73,

Gary