RFI

Re: [RFI] Suggestions for an RFI-clean battery charger/maintainer

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Suggestions for an RFI-clean battery charger/maintainer
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 14:18:13 -0700
I'd bet that anything like these will be noisy pigs. Two solutions, depending on your resources. 1) a linear supply like we would use in our ham station with a suitable charge regulator, like one of the West Mountain Radio PowerGate units. 2) a left over power supply for a Thinkpad with a Genasun charge regulator. Thinkpad supplies are pretty quiet, and you can add a ferrite choke on the AC cable as a backup. Select the Genasun model for lead acid.

73, Jim K9YC