RFI

Re: [RFI] Monitor hash

To: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Monitor hash
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 19:02:53 -0800
"Opinions?"

If you can't hear it, and don't notice a detrimental rise in the noise floor, using other methods, don't worry about it!

I monitor aircraft daily, and have no issues with HT's, with the squelch off, more than a foot or so away from several widescreen monitors.

I DO have a 20" Dell monitor that wiped out all of HF, and lower VHF, through dirt, concrete, and steel, affecting an antenna 135' away. I put a few turns in the power supply, and audio cable (the worst), and cannot detect noise more than 3" away.

In the end, if you aren't doing all your work within 18", and can't detect anything further, why worry?

Kurt