RFI

Re: [RFI] Monitor hash

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Monitor hash
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 19:24:00 -0800
On 11/9/2019 7:02 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
If you can't hear it, and don't notice a detrimental rise in the noise floor, using other methods, don't worry about it!

OR maybe there are other noise sources overpowering it, and that if you managed to kill them you might hear it. This is the eternal problem with taking someone's advice that "box A" is quiet. We've recently gone through multiple power shutdowns here, thanks to PG&E's failure to maintain their lines. During the last one, I had my K3 running on battery, and as I always do, set the noise floor to the bottom of the display. When the power was restored and all my neighbors' noise sources powered up, the noise floor has risen by 15 dB.

73, Jim K9YC