RFI

Re: [RFI] ADSL2 RFI

To: rfi <rfi@contesting.com>, HP <pfizenmayer@q.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ADSL2 RFI
From: James Gordon Beattie Jr <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 03:26:06 +0000 (UTC)
Hank, K7HP,

The carriers are likely 4.3125 kHz center to center.

Unless you can identify the three specific modems through their induvidual
signatures, you may find that there are three leaky spots in the twisted pair
cable.

I work for another carrier that operates a similar system but with somewhat
different parameters and have lots of experience with our system and because of
this list other systems, including CenturyLink.

Just curious, does the downlink signal drop off around or below 8.5 MHz?  Also
is there an uplink signal from roughly 3.7 to 4.5 MHz?  Does CenturyLink offer
Video as well as Data over VDSL2 in your area and is it coupled with POTS or
VOIP telephone?  Signatures can be derived pretty quickly if you know these
characteristics of their service.

If you need a hand, call me or contact the ARRL Lab guys and send them a
Broadband Interference Report form ask them to forward it to me for analysis.

73,

Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

ARRL EMC Committee Member

NNJ Section Technical Advisor