RFI

Re: [RFI] mysterious voices, music come from house's walls

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] mysterious voices, music come from house's walls
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:17:36 -0800
On 2/24/2020 7:28 AM, Mike & Becca Krzystyniak wrote:
Back then we always heard the programming on the phone lines it worsened when
it rained.

The carbon mics used in older phones were great RF detectors.

When I lived and worked in Chicago, I knew most of the engineers for the local stations. The Chief Engineer of WCFL told me it was a particularly tricky one to keep within FCC parameters, because it was a directional array composed of towers of different height and construction.

73, Jim K9YC