RFI

Re: [RFI] 48v DC Clean Power Supply

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 48v DC Clean Power Supply
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:55:39 -0400
We need to know the current rating. years ago I have seen a handful of huge wall-warts that were linear and 48 VDC but limited to ~1A.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....

On 3/25/2020 11:50 AM, Jim McCook wrote:
My neighbor is throwing RFI out that affects 15 and 10m bands.  We finally traced the source to a Unifi US-8-60 internet switch that uses a separate 48v power source.  Naturally it's a dreaded switcher, so he needs either a clean switching supply (if it exists!) or a analog supply.  I'm unable to find anything resembling a wall wart style.  Can anyone suggest a solution? These internet switches are showing up much faster now and represent a big potential problem, compared to the typical router operating at 5v with the 14.029 noise.  Jim W6YA