RFI

Re: [RFI] 48v DC Clean Power Supply

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 48v DC Clean Power Supply
From: Jim McCook <w6ya@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:40:04 +0000
Jim, thanks for the ideas.  I'll look through that NCJ article again.  Addressing a possible common mode problem is a good idea.  That makes perfect sense.  Paul at ARRL thought so, too.  My real challenge will be getting this particular neighbor to cooperate, since he's basically hostile.  Paul also had a suggestion which was to look at EMI filters for this purpose at DX Engineering:

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-iso-plus-10

--which could be a solution, except for a the POE cable that powers a second similar switch in his office.  I have no real concern for 10 or 15m now, but this is a new, rebuilt house, so I want to nip this in the bud.  The longer I ignore the problem the harder it will be to deal with this guy.

Cheers, Jim
W6YA