RFI

Re: [RFI] Samsung oven RFI update

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Samsung oven RFI update
From: "John K9UWA" <john@johnjeanantiqueradio.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 14:07:28 -0400
Dan get one of these proper 6 foot extension cords. It is #18 100% copper good
for 10 amps 125v. The controllers plus clock etc in that stove can't possibly
draw
that much current. And the yes 100% copper and round wire will alow LOTS of
turns on that nice new choke your about to build.
https://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/10w1-04206.php?utm_source=GoogleSh
opping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=10W1-04206&utm_campaign=P

John k9uwa

On 24 Apr 2020 at 13:42, Dan wrote:

> RESULTS: Initial results show NO RFI to the stove at 100 watt level on any
> band. On 20, the worst offender, I could get up to about 1KW before the oven
> began to fault. All other bands seemed to be fine at full power.
>
> Next steps: I ordered some of the Fair rite 2631814002 31 mix toroids from
> Newark on line. These have a 3 inch ID to allow winding cord easily. They
> seemed
> to have the best price of any supplier at this time. When those arrive I will
> be
> making the MOC (mother of all chokes) up for permanent installation. I think
> with the right material and careful planning the problem should be under
> control.
>
> Once again, Thanks to all, especially W1VLF of the ARRL, for his call and
> advice.
>
> I will keep the list posted when I get the new choke installed - hopefully a
> success story!
>
> 73
> Dan W8CAR

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF