RFI

Re: [RFI] Samsung oven RFI update

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Samsung oven RFI update
From: Randy Diddel <k5rhd.73@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 08:32:28 -0600
I reached out to Samsung and logged a trouble ticket with them. The
Chatbot/person on the other end had no idea what Amateur/Ham Radio was nor what
RFI was either.  After explaining it to him he repeated his summary of what he
thought my issue was, “So your oven is getting too hot?”

A local repair company is going to come out and take a look. I at least have a
ticket number for the incident logged with Samsung but zero confidence that
they understand what the issue is or that they will be willing to do anything
about it.

The oven is new and under warranty but, well beyond the return date from
Lowe’s.

I continue to lock the oven from the panel and it does unlock occasionally. New
behavior is that once locked, after I am done with operating on 40M, the panel
is completely non-responsive and I have to pull the oven out and unplug the
power to it and then plug it back in.

I am going to order up some ferrite and try what others have done as well and
just live with it. The XYL is not interested in trying another brand-she likes
the continuity of the kitchen appliances all being the same brand and finish.

73

K5RHD

/randy