RFI

Re: [RFI] Rfi help

To: rfi@contesting.com, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Rfi help
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 13:52:06 -0700
On 16 May 2020 at 12:26, Jim Brown wrote:

> On 5/16/2020 11:20 AM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
> > RG-213 has two shields
>
> This is NOT generally true. For almost half a century, RG-numbers for
> popular coax cables have been generic. RG8 and RG213 are used to
> describe 50 ohm coax with OD in the range of 0.3 to 0.4 inches. The most
> recent print copy of Belden's catalog lists dozens of different cables
> carrying these designations.

Yes, Jim, and we must be absolutely accurate at all times about everything
important.

Even so, I was wrong: it isn't RG-213 which has two shields: it is RG-214,
which I used
when setting up satellite TV earthstations many years ago. Those operated
between 3 and
4 GHz, as I remember it.

vy 73 for now,

Ken W7EKB