RFI

Re: [RFI] Rfi help

Subject: Re: [RFI] Rfi help
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 17:46:18 -0700
Repeating my earlier comment, which is the most important one -- RG-numbers have not been a spec for half a century. They are a generic descriptor, telling us Zo and approximate o.d., and nothing more. Rather, we should be specifying (or talking about) a particular part number from a particular manufacturer. My last print copy of Belden's catalog is probably 15 years old. It lists 52 RG59 cables, 64 RG6s, 18 RG8s, and 32 32 RG11s.

Contemporary MIL specs use a very different numbering system.

73, Jim K9YC