RFI

Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm

To: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm
From: "chuck.gooden" <chuck.gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 21:43:06 -0500
Drove by a couple of solar farms on my way to Grand Forks, ND while still in
Minnesota.  I wonder who gets to clear the snow off the panels in the winter.
This can't be effective in Minnesota.

-------- Original message --------From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: 9/21/20  9:26 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com Cc:
RFI@contesting.com Subject: Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm Right now, it’s all still
being dug up, a road is being built, stuff like that. I’ll nose around a bit
and see where it’s going to be. Kim N5OP"People that make music together cannot
be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith> On Sep 21,
2020, at 9:06 PM, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:> > On 9/21/2020
11:30 AM, Bill Steffey NY9H wrote:>> i would say it depends which manufacturer
makes the controllers/inverters......> > Overall system engineering also
matters -- how the cables are run, are they in steel conduit, if not in conduit
are they twisted pair, are the current loops tightly closed, etc.  Higher
voltage, lower current also helps reduce noise and boost efficiency.> > take a
drive by, and hope it's made and>> certified in EU.> > Years ago I noticed some
products made in EU had better EMC characteristics. Is that still true/> > 73,
RFI@contesting.com>