RFI

Re: [RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI?

To: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI?
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 20:28:50 +0000
< That has yet to be determined Ed. Tom Simpson (SE engineer) believes the RFI
could be caused by the solar panels themselves which he said has happened in
the past.>

If that were the case, and I and a number of EMC engineers here are skeptical,
the noise would almost certainly just be a broadband hiss.

And removing all of the panels at once would stop the entire system from
generating noise, just like covering them up would do, and the optimizers would
not be seeing anything resembling normal, so it is hard to even guess what they
would do, although shutting down completely would be a good failsafe design..