RFI

Re: [RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI? [and magic]

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI? [and magic]
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:21:57 -0400
Working in EMC was (and can be still) ) a lot of fun; many if not most of my  colleagues and  co-workers didn't understand my logic.   Ed, when they  closed down Tandy's EMC lab, I was the last one there, and when AST bought out Radio Shacks computer business, they left things behind in RS's surplus/maybe working store,  which is how I happened to find the LISN ARRL bought from me  sometime later.

Fun? I'd been blamed for turning off bare motherboards in a software testing lab -- and they were in such a hurry  they 1) counldn't get assembled computers, 2) orafford ESD chairs and tiles, plus 3) needed that fixed RIGHT NOW.   I had them spritz the office chairs they were using with water adn dish detergent -- and for quite some tme,they all had wet seats and trousers.

Tandy made a non-computer (to avoid TI's 14% IC royalties) and they blamed the EMC lab when the Board of Directors was celebrating the new product .  The TV they were using had strange colors washing across the screen -- and  I had a hunch, one confirmed  with an unplugged hotplate.  It was like that everywhere I was hired; NOT magic -- just HS physics.

It was like that in the Army, too: https://www.quora.com/Do-you-pretend-that-youre-smart/answer/Cortland-Richmond <https://www.quora.com/Do-you-pretend-that-youre-smart/answer/Cortland-Richmond>

Cortland KA5S