RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI on Shore Line of an RV

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI on Shore Line of an RV
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 20:15:17 -0700
On 9/28/2020 12:42 PM, rrath@charter.net wrote:
I use the Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X surge protector.

I would like to stop or reduce the RFI coming in on the shore line of
my RV. I am thinking of put some ferrite snap-on beads, mix 31 for HF
frequencies, on the shore line where it comes inside the RV. Thinking
of the Pin 1 scenario, should I also put some on the ground wire,
inside the RV?

Whats your thoughts?

Clamp-on beads without winding turns per the advice on my website is a complete waste of money. k9yc.com/publish.htm

Getting ready to put in an order with Palomar and would like to only
put in 1 order. I do not want to through money for things not needed.

Don't go near these guys -- they are marketing people, and don't have a clue about RFI or ferrites, except how to separate hams from their dollars.

Bob Turner's (call?) suggestion that you also not rule out your own equipment is good advice. Study my tutorial app note on Building Contest Scores by Killing RX Noise.

73, Jim K9YC