RFI

Re: [RFI] NEW REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER from KITCHENAID

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>, KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] NEW REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER from KITCHENAID
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 20:48:00 +0000
When it comes to appliances, there may be nothing to enforce.  Appliances are
categorically exempt from any specific emissions limits under Part 15.  A
refrigerator with removed filtering components may be perfectly legal, subject
only to the manufacturer's requirement to use "good engineering practice,"
whatever that means and a requirement for the operator of the device to use it
in a way that does not cause harmful interference to licensed radio services.