RFI

Re: [RFI] Pole mounted lightning arresters?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Pole mounted lightning arresters?
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:31:10 -0400
Chuck et al

I am not an authority on RFI.not at all..however the once/second
tick-tick-tick sounds a little bit like an electric fence.

For about 3-4 yrs I had an active one almost underneath some of my antennas.
( a few feet away in spots)

Near drove me crazy.(crazier?)..it was much louder on 160m (S9+++) than it
was on 2m (even with a big yagi aimed right at it.maybe s1 on 2m).  Levels
did go up and down depending on several factors I won't bore all you with.
The noise blanker helped a lot, however I am primarily a contester and a
full band of loud signals and a NB don't play well together.

Thankfully, that neighbour moved away and the new owner does not (at this
time) intend to reactivate it.

Are you sure it's something up a pole?  Could it be an e-fence being
re-radiated somehow?

If you've already done your homework, pse ignore. . . . just tossing it out
there.

GL !

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey