RFI

Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.

To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.
From: Bill Steffey NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 12:27:19 -0500
i have two mfj  vhf noise receivers...  the  dipole version  ... not even the beam

VERY useful.////   even without a balun  ( to make it a more perfect pattern )

Years ago in Chicago, a guy from the electric company said , after I used it to point out a pole, said his boss should get them one as the Radar engineers stuff was hard to get scheduled  and that the MFJ took us to the right pole....

that is why i bought a second one at a fest !!!