RFI

Re: [RFI] New Interference at kk0sd

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>, Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New Interference at kk0sd
From: Gary <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 03:18:59 +0000
Dave,

        The attachment was stripped off by the list, but I have pretty good
faith in my loop as it has helped me track down sources before. As you said it
is bi-directional, but it gives me two nice sharp nulls to work with. I just
have not been able to get enough on the loop to work with. I think my portable
shortwave is pretty deaf and does not have an S-Meter.

        A friend is going to lend me his Yaesu FT-818 for use this coming
weekend. It has an S-Meter and more bands. I have also begged/borrowed a 6
meter beam. Since I hear the signal from my vertical on 6 meters I think this
should get me a heading.

        As I think I mentioned before, I can hear the noise on several other
radios when connected to the vertical, so it is not unique to the FT-847.
Another planned step it to put something in place of the HYGain vertical and
listen with the 847 in the house. Maybe this weekend as well.

Thank You Everyone for the valuable suggestions! We will find this!

73,
Gary "Joe" kk0sd