RFI

Re: [RFI] Power Line Radiated Interference Limits

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power Line Radiated Interference Limits
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 22:27:44 -0500
Looking back in the archives of this group should yield what you seek. Pay particular note of Ed Hare's response on the subject for regulatory standards. Part 15 mentions "harmful". I guess what is harmful to a moonbounce operator maybe different from what is harmful to a 80m op. For me, as of the last 8+ months or so I am free of 120hz rfi except distance sources and they are very intermittent so I can easily live with that (sometimes using NB but not very often) and do not consider it harmful for me. But the 20db over S9 I use to have definitely was.

Here is a sample letter at the ARRL website which specifies the Part 15 sections although it does not go into detail but I'm sure you could google that; https://www.arrl.org/fcc-power-utility-letter

Let us know how it goes.

73

Chuck